Success Stories: Plywood
- At Georgia Pacific, machine vision and robotics from Camsensor and Willamette Valley Company have helped automate their polypatch repair process. The system identifies and automatically repairs defects like resin pockets, knots and splits with a vision-guided routing and fill robot. The vision system works out the optimal rout pattern and determines the quantity of fluid required for a successful repair.
- The unique robotic cellular approach has many advantages, to name just a few:
- reduced chemical usage as only repairing defects to make grade
- unsurpassed production throughput for automated repair lines
- machine up-time beacause cells are implemented in parallel allowing production to continue around breakdowns, and
Got a similar project? Contact us